Smoked salmon is one of life’s luxuries, that is true. Did you know, however, that you can get packaged “scraps” of smoked salmon for far less than the full slice, separated by sheets of plastic, smoked salmon? It’s true! And whilst you cannot elegantly lay them over pieces of pumpernickel, you can scramble them into eggs or prepare this delicious smoked salmon pate. It takes seconds, is incredibly versatile – serve it for a simple breakfast or an elegant dinner or a rugged picnic – and totally delicious. This is the third recipe from Bread & Spread. You can find the previous one here.
Simple and delicious Smoked Salmon Pate
- 350 g Smoked salmon (scraps are less expensive than whole slices, but clearly you can use either)
- 100 g Cream cheese
- 10 g Fresh dill
- 1 T Capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Plenty of freshly ground pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a magimix and pulse the machine until they are completely blended.
- Taste and then add more lemon juice, capers, or dill if you would like.
- Scrape out into a pretty bowl and serve with pumpernickel, plain rye, or melba toast!
If you would like to learn more about bread, click here to book a bread course.